Well structured WBBSE Class 9 Physical Science MCQ Questions Chapter 2 Force and Motion can serve as a valuable review tool before exams.
Force and Motion Class 9 WBBSE MCQ Questions
Multiple Choice Questions :
Which of the following has no fixed melting point ?
The value of acceleration due to gravity :
(i) 980 m/sec
(ii) 9.81 m / sec2
(iii) 9810 m / sec
(iv) 98 m / sec2
9.81 m / sec2
If a body is taken in the moon then its weight will be :
Soda lime is :
(i) Na2 CO3, 10 H2O
(iii) Mixture of NaOH and CaO
Mixture of NaOH and CaO.
Which is most fundamental ?
What is the ultimate form of all energies ?
In an electric cell which type of energy changes to which other ?
(i) Chemical energy to electric energy
(ii) Heat energy to sound energy
(iii) Electric energy to chemical energy
(iv) Chemical energy to sound energy.
Chemical energy to electric energy.
When a body is taken to a high altitude from the earth, what changes of mass and weight of the body are observed ?
(i) Mass remains same, weight decreases
(ii) Weight remains same, mass increases
(iii) Both mass and weight increase
(iv) Both mass and weight decrease
Mass remains same, weight decreases.
What is the Einstein’s mass energy-equation ?
(i) E = mc2
(ii) E = m2c2
(iii) E = m2c
(iv) E2 = mc2
E = m c2.
A non-conventional fuel is :
(i) natural gas
(ii) organic gas
(iii) petroleum gas
Law of conservation of mass was emunicated by :
During photosynthesis, light energy is converted into :
(i) chemical energy
(ii) sound energy
(iii) electric energy
(iv) heat energy
The force by which a body is attracted towards the centre of the earth is called :
(iii) density of the body
Absolute unit of weight in CGS system is :
The ability of doing work is known as :
During nuciear fission, atomic energy is converted into :
(i) heat energy
(ii) electric energy
(iii) magnetic energy
The earth receives solar energy at the rate of about :
(i) 1.8 × 109 megawatt
(ii) 18 × 109 megawatt
(iii) 20 × 109 megawatt
(iv) 2.1 × 109 megawatt
18 × 109 megawatt.
In photo-electric cells, light energy is converted into :
(i) sound energy
(ii) magnetic energy
(iii) electrical energy
The value of acceleration due to gravity at the centre of the earth is :
(ii) less than 0 (zero)
(iii) greater than 0 (zero)
If a body covers equal distances in equal time intervals, then it is :
(i) at rest
(ii) moving with uniform speed
(iii) moving with uniform velocity
(iv) moving with uniform acceleration
Moving with uniform speed.
If a body moves with a constant speed, the distance – time graph is
(i) a straight line
(ii) a circle
(iii) a line like a staircase
(iv) a polygon
A straight line
The area under the speed-time graph is a :
(iv) none of these
The slope of a distance-time graph is :
The momentum of a body of given mass is proportional to its
Which of the following has the largest inertia ?
(i) a pin
(ii) your body
(iii) an orange
(iv) a brick
A body acted upon by a force must have :
(iv) none of these
Fill in the blanks :
1. Mass and energy cannot be always considered as ______ quantities.
2. Einstein showed that in high energy atomic reactions, a small part of ______ of the reactants transforms to energy.
3. After a few changes and transformations, almost all kinds of energy may be proved to originate from the ______.
4. Indian philosophers enunciated that anything that ______ is unperishable.
5. An energy can produce mechanical work directly or after undergoing some ______ transformations.
6. Every form of energy ultimately transforms to ______ energy directly or after some intermediate transformations.
7. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only one form of ______ energy to other forms.
8. Electric energy transforms to ______ energy in electric lamps.
9. Mass of a body is the quantity of ______ it is made of.
10. Mass is more fundamental than ______
11. Mass of a body is measured by a common balance and ______ of a body is measured with the help of a spring balance.
12. Weight is the ______ that a material body experiences towards the centre of the earth due to the gravitational pull of the earth.
13. The weight of a body is ______ in different places of the world.
14. Coal, petroleum, natural gas are – sources of energy.
15. If the earth’s gravitational attraction ceases, the acceleration due to gravity also ______
16. Mass of a body × ______ = Weight of body.
Acceleration due to gravity.
17. Energy is defined as ______ to perform work.
18. Weight of a body is a ______ quantity.
19. Mass is an ______ property of a body.
20. The energy of a moving body possessed by virtue of its ______ is called the kinetic energy.
21. Mass of a body is the ______ of matter it is made of.
22. To accelerate a body, a must apply ______ on it.
23. The SI unit of force is ______.
24. A body at rest will remain at ______ it no unbalanced force is applied.
25. Action and reaction forces act on ______ bodies.
26. The force is equal to the product of mass and ______ of the body.